Looking to do a little fall wardrobe update? Before you rush out to buy this seasons trends think about the versatility of each piece you purchase. Make sure each new item you add can go with multiple pieces that already exist in your closet. At Better Styled we help clients curate wardrobes that mix and match easily and can take you from day to night. Looking for some ideas to get you fall ready? Here is a taste of the kinds of tips and tricks we at Better Styled offer our clients.
Trends for Fall 2015
- Details, details, everywhere: From zipper details on dresses, jackets, and coats, to the return of bold plaid and textured fabrics, the runways were full of exciting details. In addition bold colour blocking, prints, and lace are everywhere.
Office appropriate idea: Try a fabulous long satin blouse which can be layered under your suit or worn with a pencil skirt Monday to Friday, but also looks fabulous with a wrap coat and skinny jeans on the weekend.
- Bad to the bone: Leather, leather and more leather. Look out for leather jackets, leather skirts, and leather trim detailing this season.
Office appropriate idea: Try this trend in a leather trimmed black skirt, an easy way to change up your classic black skirt and still be office ready.
- Black is king: No surprise that black is back for fall but in addition to the classic black other colours like hues of grey, cobalt blue, navy, winter white, and shades of red are everywhere.
Office appropriate idea: Pop your favorite black outfit with a stunning coloured wrap coat? This item can be worn as both an indoor and outdoor coat. Do not be afraid to use some of these bold tones this season to freshen up last fall’s dark colours.
Day to Night Dressing ideas
- Plan ahead: last minute events or drink meetings always come up but thinking ahead and having a few go-to outfits each year in your closet will save you a lot of time and stress.
- Re-purpose items you already own: Take your LBD’s (little black dresses), crisp white blouses, favourite black trouser and add a sequined top, oversized statement necklace, fabulous shawl, or simply a change of shoe to take your office look to a night out on the town.
- Add a little bling: the easiest way to take your look from day to night is to add a little sparkle. Your basic black sheath dress worn with a blazer overtop for day can easily be transformed by losing the blazer and adding a detailed belt, drop chandelier earrings and/or a fabulous pashmina for the evening.
Want more information or to have a consultation? Email email@example.com