Eva’s is seeking new board members to steward and shape the future of this innovative organization!
Specific focus of expertise and experience we are seeking at this time
Sector experience: Board governance, Mental health, IT/technology sector, government relations, multi-family residential real estate and land development, finance and accounting designation.
Preferred Lived and community expertise: connected members of the Black communities, Indigenous communities, LGBTQ2S community, and newcomer communities.
Celebrating our 25th year, Eva’s Initiatives for Homeless Youth is an award-winning organization that provides shelter, transitional housing, and programming to help homeless and at-risk youth reach their potential to lead productive, self-sufficient, and healthy lives. We collaborate and innovate to end youth homelessness.
Eva’s gives youth the tools and graduated housing pathway to transition out of homelessness permanently. At this time, 123 youth aged 16 to 24 find shelter and support in our three locations every night, with an additional 50 spots coming online soon to provide more housing to the most marginalized young people the GTA.
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for Eva’s. As a member of the Board, a Director acts in a position of trust for the community and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization.
Directors are elected by the membership at the Annual general meeting. Directors serve for a three-year term.
- Commitment to the work of the organization
- Willingness to serve on at least one committee and actively participate
- Attendance in person at monthly Board meetings, the Annual Meeting and other meetings as determined by the board
- A time commitment of a minimum of six hours per month, (includes Board preparation, meeting and committee meeting time)
- Governing Eva’s Initiatives by the broad policies developed by the Board
- With the senior management staff, establish overall long- and short-term goals, objectives and priorities for Eva’s in meeting the needs of the community
- Recommend policy to the Board
- Promote Eva’s membership through community networking, etc.
- Be informed of the services provided by Eva’s and publicly support them
- Promote, enhance and support the organization’s equity philosophy
- Actively support the organization in the raising of funds while participating as a donor
- Prepare for and participate in the discussions and the deliberations of the Board
- To foster a positive working relationship with other Board members, and staff
- Track record of strategic leadership
If you are interested in joining us, please reach out to Louise Smith at: email@example.com to discuss the next steps!